Thursday 25 November 2010

My Metal Front Cover

My Metal Magazine has a colour scheme of black and red; which are stereotypical dark colours that mirror the music genre. The font is informal, bold and in capital letters to show the agressiveness of metal music. The font also seems quite gothic but not too childish. The colours can appeal to and attract male and female audiences, aged from about 16 onwards. The photo is very effective as its eyecatching, bold and dark which again is projecting the stereotypical image of metal music. I chose this photo because the guitar is important as it establishes the music genre and again its black which is a stereotypical colour of metal music. If I had the chance to do this magazine cover again I would look at other metal music magazines and use some of their ideas; as they already have existing customers and audience for that genre. So therefore it would be somewhat easier to create the metal music look. I also think if I had a better editing programme I could have developed more of a proffesional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment