Thursday 25 November 2010

My R&B Front Cover

My R&B magazine appears the most simple yet most sexual out of the three. The image is the main focus and attracts several readers through this; which is stereotypical for an r&b magazine. R&B music is very much associated with appearance and body image so I used this image of a famous woman with an amazing body and a confident striking pose. Men would love this photo but women could be very envious; so both genders could be readers. I think this photo would appeal to a target age of 16-24 as younger people are more interested in this music genre and body image. I also featured a smaller photo of a very popular artist Nicki Minaj and a headline for her; this would attract readers. The colour scheme is just black and white; very simple yet creates an effective sophisticated look. I chose the title 'Obsession' because it reflects the r&b music genre; again r&b plays an important part about an obsession with body image. I think the cover looks quite smooth and similar to an r&b magazine but I could have made it much better by adding more images and content and perhaps a different colour scheme. I think it would be much better if I could have used a proffessional program and if I had used more ideas from existing r&b magazines.

1 comment:

  1. I have uploaded them but for some reason they won't show?

    ReplyDelete