Thursday 25 November 2010

My Indie Front Cover

My Indie front cover features a big photo of a stereotypical indie boy. He is wearing a blazer, skinny jeans, scarf-tie and brogues with scruffy hair. The pose is also stereotypical and quite feminine which immediantly shows the readers the genre of this magazine. The spelling is correct and appears formal as there is no slang; this again informs the readers on the music genre, as Indie magazines are usually in full english. The headlines are in different colours to appeal to males and females and the content can also apply to both genders, for example men and women would both want to read '100 albums of the decade'. So therefor the target audience would be men and women with a wide age range. I chose the title 'newcomer' as the magazine is new and it seems as if listening to Indie music is the latest thing. The magazine also includes bands such as 'My Chemical Romance' and artists such as Rihanna; who is turning more Indie and rock, the latest news on them can attract more readers. In comparison to the r&b magazine there is more choice of colour in the Indie magazine. The r&b magazine colours; pink and black are simple and represent the laid back, more feminine and body image craze music genre. Overall I think this magazine appeals to the target audience, but if I had to do this again I would spend more time looking at other examples of Indie magazines- as they feature more colour, images and text and create my own closely using their layout to attract the right readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment